I am grateful to my daughter for loving me the way I am – an imperfect person and a clumsy parent. I thank her for sharing her food with me, giving me a kiss or cuddling me for no apparent reason. This one is for those times that I appreciate for who she is becoming… a thanks that she may not understand today but means a lot to me.
1) Thank you for being such a cheerful lass and making my party with the girls a success. It was the best afternoon I’ve had in ages and possibly a precursor to many such hostess events for me.
2) Thank you for understanding that I needed to take extra time to browse the web for details of our dog’s illness when I should’ve been trying to make you sleep.
3) Thank you for being patient when I explained that you should wait till we get home, for a breastfeed.
4) Thank you for stopping to say ‘night-night’ and addressing each grandparent in your byes tonight, even though you wanted to just crash for the night. It made them happy.
5) Thank you for who you are. I love you just this way. Cleaning things, putting stuff in the right place, then making a mess, taking your medicines and trying to imitate us in everything we do. Mature when I need you to be and adorable child the rest of the time.